If you choose to subscribe to my email list you are actively consenting to receiving emails from me for various purposes. Under the new EU GDPR law I am required to inform you of how your data will be used, how you can edit your details at any time, and how you can unsubscribe and have your data deleted at any time easily should you wish.
Please read and understand the following:
- When you subscribe to my email list, your name (if entered) and email address will be processed by me solely in order to deliver your free ebook and email you with occasional updates of trading information, news and announcements, promotions and marketing of new products I produce. Also, my website is configured to automatically send email alerts to you to announce new posts posted on the blog.
- You are subscribing to this list because you want to receive the above. If you do not want to, or if you do not consent to your data being processed for these purposes, please do not sign up to the email list.
- I do not, never have, and never will rent, sell, or share your personal information with anybody. It is used purely for keeping you up to date with events, products and information from me.
- If you choose to subscribe, you may unsubscribe at any time with one click, simply click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any and all of my emails. Next to the “Unsubscribe” link there is another link entitled “Change Subscriber Options”, you can use this link to edit your personal information held in my email list, such as if you need to change your name or email address.
- You may learn more about GDPR and deletion of your data under the “right to be forgotten” by visiting my new GDPR page HERE.
I have always used “double opt-in” as I DETEST spam, and I call ANY marketing or emailing me without consent “SPAM” even if the law doesn’t operate as strictly as that. I just hate being contacted without having ASKED someone to do so beforehand. For this reason I have always used double-opt in as my email subscription process, and this means that after signing up using the opt-in form on my website, you will be required to give your consent “actively” by clicking a confirmation link in the email which you will automatically receive. I did this because some people subscribe other people (without their consent) to forms online in order to generate spam towards them. I had this done to me, and therefore I believe double opt-in is the only ethical way to allow subscribers to sign up, as only YOU can click the second opt-in link after your name and email is entered in the form on my site.
If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact me any time.